Cockroaches can measure over 50 mm (2 in) length, with tropical species tending to be larger than those found in other climates. Cockroaches have six legs, two antennae and some have wings. However, most winged cockroaches are not particularly adept at flying.
Some species invade human dwellings and are considered pests. Others are beneficial to the environment as important recyclers of decaying organic material. The pest cockroaches can be carriers of various diseases because they are commonly found near waste deposits or in the kitchen, where food is present. Restaurants may also experience cockroach infestations. Cockroaches emit unpleasant odors and may also produce sound.
- The most rapid and effective pest control methods are those administered by trained pest control professionals. There are several techniques and tools that can be employed or recommended by these professionals to get rid of cockroaches.
- One strategy is for the pest control professional to partner with the homeowner to reduce the cockroach attractants. Sources like pet food dishes, drains, dishwashers, trash cans, etc. should be maintained, cleaned and/or stored properly.
- Another step is to determine the source or entry point for the cockroaches. Some cockroaches, like the German cockroach, are primarily carried into the home.
- Homeowners should be careful to inspect items such as used furniture or appliances for cockroaches before bringing them home. Outdoor cockroaches may invade under doors and through open windows. Homeowners and the pest control professionals should collaborate to seal up the home as much as possible.
- Pest control professional also can employ traps such as glue boards in areas where cockroaches may travel or hide. Yet another tool can be proper applications of products such as baits and residuals to cracks/crevices, harborage areas and the exterior of the home. The actual plan and time to get rid of cockroaches will vary by home and situation.
A pest control professional should be contacted for assistance.
with Pests ?
Give us a call
+31 6 40 022 184